Gain a foundation for college-level writing for nearly any field. Students will learn how to read carefully, write effective arguments, understand the writing process, engage with others’ ideas, cite accurately, and craft powerful prose.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Summarize, analyze, question, and evaluate written and visual texts •
- Argue and support a position;
- Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations;
- Identify and use the stages of the writing process;
- Identify characteristics of effective prose;
- Apply proper citation practices; and
- Discuss applying your writing knowledge to other writing occasions.