About the program
As the supply chain grows in complexity, and companies increasingly source products and services from a more diverse and global set of suppliers, the job of managing the processes that ensure the steady and reliable flow of components and inputs has never been more difficult. Supply Chain Management Basics introduces the core concepts and components of supply chain management, including supplier evaluation, logistics, inventory management, and other supply chain practices.
Upon successful completion, you can download a printable certificate of completion for this online course suite. This certificate has no textbooks or prerequisites. Students have 6 months in which to complete the certificate program.
Students who complete the Supply Chain Management certificate are awarded a total of 10 PDUs (1 Leadership, 4 Strategic & Business Management, and 5 Technical) and 1 IACET CEU.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Define supply chain management and understand its strategic role in organizations that source good and services
- Explain the goals of effective supply chain management and procurement
- Analyze how organizations in a supply chain communicate and manage relationships
- Explain the supplier appraisal process and understand its role in supply chain management
- Formulate strategies for mitigating supply chain risk, and discuss the events that can create disruption in the supply chain
- Assess the major trends and issues shaping supply chain management today
This self-paced course provides instructional material that explains the key strategic drivers of effective supply chain management. Information is presented in an easy-to-understand format, with interactive and integrative exercises to help learners better understand the foundational elements of managing the supply chain
Case studies provide real-world advice and counsel for participants, while educational aids and review assignments assist in the comprehension and retention of course material, to ensure proficiency and mastery of critical knowledge and information
Each course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered within 3 business days.
This certificate requires no textbooks or prerequisites. There are some downloadable materials which students can save during the program to access for further use. Students have 6 months in which to complete the certificate program.