Now offered in the evenings in five, online, virtual (live) sessions!
Created by, and offered in partnership with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), this course is intended as an introduction to Human Resource basics and incorporates six key topics from the SHRM Body of Competency and Knowledge™ (SHRM BoCK™). The primary focus of this course is to provide participants with both a broad overview of the human resource functions and affiliated concepts.
This SHRM course is designed for the following individuals:
- Individuals interested in the field of human resources.
- Entry-level human resource professionals.
- Supervisors and line managers who have the responsibility for interviewing and training employees.
- Employees with management responsibilities.
- Staffing specialists
- Benefits coordinators
- HR administrators
- Payroll assistants
SHRM educational products are developed according to the highest quality standards. HR professionals and subject matter experts review each product to ensure accurate, real-life applications. In addition, SHRM programs are “living documents”-improvements and revisions are included in each reprint to incorporate the latest changes in HR practices and legislation.
By covering a breadth of practical HR topics, the SHRM Essentials of Human Resources course provides the knowledge to perform daily tasks. Through this course, you will also:
- Review key pieces of federal legislation on sexual harassment, age discrimination, and the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Gain insights into employee recruitment and selection while avoiding legal pitfalls.
- Enhance your skills related to total compensation systems, pay increases and incentives, and employee benefits.
- Increase your knowledge of employee orientation, onboarding, professional development, and training.