About the program
Actively tackling bias in the workplace helps build better organizations … and better people. If you want to unleash the true potential of your workforce, it’s important to create an environment in which diverse perspectives, contributions, and talents can flourish – where everyone feels valued and visible.
Participants will discover in this course how they can co-create a culture where diversity and inclusion are unleashed to foster greater innovation, solutions, and belonging.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the connection between the brain’s hard wiring and cognitive biases.
- Discover specific unconscious biases that exist for them personally.
- Articulate the longitudinal impact of bias on members of non-dominant groups.
- Identify concrete actions they can take to counteract biases and stereotypes.
- Leverage key vital behaviors that reflect inclusivity.
- Play an active role in creating and sustaining an inclusive organizational culture.
The first step in creating an inclusive culture is surfacing and dismantling unconscious belief structures that skew decision-making and cloud objectivity. Mitigating bias is not a one-and-done event; it is a journey. Accordingly, this highly interactive course is paced and structured to help you recognize bias and interrupt it.
Because unbiasing is about accountability instead of blame, participants are invited to move through this learning experience with curiosity and compassion. They will explore the impact of bias and stereotyping through a variety of activities, including large group and team exercises, individual reflection, videos, scenario practice and role play. Participants will also learn and practice inclusive behaviors, discovering how they can co-create a culture where diversity and inclusion are unleashed to foster greater innovation, solutions, and belonging. Note, there is a one (1) hour self-paced exercise required outside the six hours of live instruction.